As old houses get torn down for new developments, it can be difficult to find the beautiful old farmhouses and mansions from yesteryear. If owning a piece of history is a life-long dream of yours, fear not!
There are actually a number of beautiful properties in the Northern Virginia/Washington, D.C. area that can offer you today’s modern touches with the charm of year’s past. So whether you are actively searching to own a piece of history, or just love looking at the beautiful architecture and craftsmanship from the past, here are our Top Ten Historic Properties for Sale in Northern Virginia:
1) We are officially OBSESSED with this Log and Frame Loudoun County Farmhouse from 1870, listed at just $358,000. (Those bathrooms are just beautiful!).
2) Stunning 1911 Craftsman Bungalow on half an acre in the historic district of the Town of Herndon! (You HAVE to see the inside!) $389,500.
3) Aldie, VA is one of the most beautiful areas in all of Northern Virginia, and this 1820 Farmette is no exception! Exposed wood ceilings, heart of pine floors, even a party barn! And — get this — it’s listed for $585K! SIGH.
4) Have an extra large family? Then the TEN BEDROOM Ashburn Hotel is for you! A Victorian-era time capsule, this home would make an amazing private school, Bed and Breakfast (it IS right next to Dulles Airport), office, or library.
5) The Historic McDaniel House is for sale! This 1925 beauty is nestled right in the center of the Town of Clifton.
6) 3 bed, 3 bath 1909 Row-house in Adams Morgan/Kalorama. Only $699K!. What a bargain!
7) Fully updated 1840 Home in the heart of Old Town Alexandria. Just gorgeous. (And listed $35K below tax value at $740K!)
8) Secret stairways, koi ponds, equestrian facilities, and a garden designed by a historical gardens architect — all just minutes away from Leesburg! “The Home Farm” was built in 1750 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. We would LOVE to take you on a showing. 🙂
9) Welcome to the historic “Falcon’s Nest” in Falls Church! Built in 1815 and fully modernized, just viewing this $1.2 million beauty is a treat.
10) The Estate of Moor Green is an 1815 Georgian on ten acres right in Manassas! In Ground Pool, Pool House, 4 stall barn, heart of pine floors, seven fireplaces … a history buff’s dream house!
Which one is your favorite? We’d love to know! And if you want to make one of these amazing properties your home, we’d love to take you to see it! You can also search for historic properties on your own through our website.
Just click on the “More” button on our search site and select “Historic Property” under “Property Features”.
Happy House Hunting!
The Redux Realty Team
PS — Our Redux Realty Agents are licensed realtors in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. So wherever you want to live in the Metro area, we can help!