After a long winter of the kids being home, guess what – the kids are back home! If your brain is fried trying to think up ideas, and your bank account is tight trying to save up for that down payment, here are some great fun, free local “staycation” ideas and options for you and the entire family this Spring Break/Easter week right here in Northern Virginia!
- Frying Pan Park – Frying Pan Park is a magical dreamland for preschoolers – and even older elementary kids, too! Chickens, pigs, goats, cows, horses, ducks, peacocks, the White House pardoned turkeys, baby animals, hay rides, and even a great playground and country store! Best of all, the park is FREE and open daily, rain or shine from 9-5 p.m.
- The National Zoo – also a FREE and amazing place for your family to explore. Open 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., exhibit buildings open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pack a picnic lunch and plenty of water!
- Attend an Easter Pageant! There are many churches offering wonderful Easter plays, productions and services this week. Here are just a few: Reston Bible offers a free Easter Pageant every evening of Easter week. . Grace Covenant Church in Chantilly’s production “The Power of the Cross” has showtimes of 1 and 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 4. . Or even attend Easter services with the Craddock family at The King’s Chapel (FREE Easter Egg Hunt following the main service):
- Use your neighborhood amenities! The weather is going to be lovely this week. Take a bike ride or a hike on your local trails or even attempt a game of tennis or racquetball on your local courts!
- Put in some structured family time! Cards, Board games, chess tournaments, make-your-own-ice-cream-sundaes, bug hunts, bubbles, car washes, family movie night (with popcorn, of course!) – whatever you choose to do with your family, do it TOGETHER and make memories to last for a lifetime.
Just remember – millions of people travel HERE for their vacations! Visit the Smithsonians, check out the Air and Space Museum ($15 for parking), visit the National Firearms Museum (FREE), ride a train at Dulles Town Center ($2 per person) , or even take the whole family house shopping by scheduling a showing through www.reduxrealty.com!
Whatever you choose, our entire Redux Realty team wishes you and your loved ones a wonderful, peaceful, happy, hoppy Spring Break 2015!